Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A is more than Aardvark

I've hinted before that my blog has become something more important to me lately than it was when I began. It's still a great vehicle for me to brag about my kids (I mean who doesn't love that!?!?!), but the practice of writing is therapeutic for me and gives me something to focus on besides the hardships of corporate life and how much I detest laundry. I have convinced myself that writing is better than watching TV and it is building an awareness and a sharpness in me that I've been missing.


With all of that in mind, I asked Sarah if I could borrow her fantastic idea for a month long writing exercise. She published Learning My Letters at the end of last year and wrote her way through the alphabet. I don't have nearly the writing talent that she does, but I liked the commitment of the exercise and the scope of the project. With her blessing I will be writing my own version of the alphabet in September. The timing seemed right as both of my favorite subjects are heading to school and I am learning more and more every day about the woman God intended for me to be. Please follow me throughout September for One Foot in the Alphabet.



I've definitely got some learning to do.



Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. ~ Henry Ford

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails