Sunday, September 6, 2009

E is for Everything

There is no truer statement in my life. Everything I have, everything that makes me happy, everything I love ~ I owe to my "E".

The house at the beach, the brand new car, the diamond earrings; all because of E. These things are very literal. He works hard and takes good care of me and our family. I do owe all of those things to him and cherish them all. But they could each disappear in a second and I would still have everything.

The warm~hearted, hilarious seven year old athlete with a thing for Star Wars.

The darling blue eyed princess that bathes her Barbies in the sink.

The warm touch and unspoken words of love that come with trust and time.

I was 19 when I met "E" and I was one wild mess of a girl back then. Careless. Irresponsible. Unfocused. He has spent a lot of time saving me from myself in the last fifteen years. I'm sure he had no idea what he was in for. I am eternally grateful for his patience and acceptance of my wreckless love for him. We'd have never survived without them both.

I want to be a better person every single day. I have everything I never knew I wanted. Everything is because of "E".

1 comment:

shortmama said...

Awww what a sweet tribute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails