Sunday, August 30, 2009

Finicky

That's it.
Do you hear it?
That gigantic buzzer like it's the end of the 4th quarter at a basketball game? Summer is O.V.E.R. Bummer. Kind of. Both of my kiddos are headed to school this week and I am only this sad about it.

I am a finicky girl. I love things madly in the beginning and my interest wanes before long. Story of my life.
Summer is no different. We load up on sunscreen, grill our dinners and carve out as much time for fun as possible. We don't live on the Upper East Coast and I am not seeing the leaves turn gorgeous shades of yellow and red, but I know that summer is ending. The backpacks full of supplies and the brand new lunch boxes on the counter are proof enough for me. It doesn't take much. I'm done with summer. It was good while it lasted.


We went to the beach and played with friends.


We spent time with family and Skyped when we couldn't.
We jumped and swam
We danced
We traveled
We ate too much candy and slept too late
Summer is fun while it lasts, but now it's over. We have school this week. I'm madly in love with the idea.

1 comment:

Tyne said...

What great summer pics! I still don't believe that it is over.

Let me know which links you couldn't get to from my post and I will hook you up with the url. Email me at tynerbock[at]gmail[dot]com and I will send them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails