Monday, October 19, 2009

Not Me Monday



Knowing that I am currently the picture of perfect health, I bound out of bed every single morning and get all of my chores done before making a balanced healthy breakfast for my family. All of my laundry is done, the floors are spotless and there is no backlog of paperwork on my kitchen desk. Knowing all of that ~ NONE of these things have happened to me recently. Not me

Our family has not been without a washer and dryer for a couple of weeks and my sweet Mother in Law did not haul a hamper of clean towels to us on Sunday. We did not shop for a replacement set more than once and I did not check right out of the decision making process once we were ready to make a purchase. I care enough about the available cycles and the aesthetic qualities of appliances that I didn’t say “I don’t care” and let my husband take care of it while I watched the kids play DJ Hero at Best Buy.

I did not tell The Princess to “figure it out” for breakfast over the weekend because I couldn’t bear to get out of bed and feed her. She did not later tell me that she had M&M cookies and also fed her brother a Rice Krispy treat as his morning meal. I did not have to swallow my good Mom speech because it was not technically my fault that they ate that when they had to “figure it out”.

It wasn’t me that did not turn on my computer all weekend long and I am not concerned that I missed some school emails or team updates that are important to my children. I did not intentionally forego all of my electronic duties to relax and spend time with my family in an effort to recover from my lifestyle hangover. And I am not even a little disappointed that even after the intentional dismissal of those duties I still don’t feel better and still have chores to do. Boo! That would not be good.

And most of all it was definitely not me that got up late this morning and was positively dumbfounded when the dog barfed LOUDLY in the dining room. Nooooo. That so would not happen in my house on a busy Monday morning. And I surely didn’t send my 7 year old on a hunt for his Dad to clean it up. IF it were me (and it wasn’t) I’d have been long done with breakfast dishes and making lunches and would have no issue with scooping up barf on my way out the door. So that must mean it was not me that did not clean it up.

What haven’t you done lately? You can head to MckMama's and be part of the blog fun and see who else hasn't done anything terrific lately. You can't believe how much mischief hasn't been done . . .

7 comments:

shortmama said...

Boy you sure didnt do a lot!

Emmy said...

Good thing you didn't do much of anything over the weekend.
(wow! a lot happens in your world)

Macey said...

Sheesh! Dog barf is sick. : )

Flory said...

You have nothing to feel guilty about, then? I couldn't clean dog barf in my best day - you're good!

Theta Mom said...

Sounds like you didn't do much at all! LOL

Tyne said...

You are cracking me up! That was so not my monday at all...

well, at least not the dog barf part!

Haley said...

Dog barf? yuk! Maybe try to not "not do a lot" ?? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails