Thursday, June 25, 2009

I heart busy boys

I am truly, madly and deeply in love with my son. I walked to the parking garage from the outfield today and after a huge hug and toothless grin from him I literally thought my heart would burst out of my chest. I know that it’s motherly bias, but I think Max Montoya is the kindest, funniest, most charming, most adorable little boy I’ve ever met. We’ve had a rocky road lately, but in hindsight I believe that it might just be because the poor guy is overbooked and exhausted. Here’s a brief summary of his last eight days ~

Field trip to Aquarium of the Pacific ~ First Grade Luau ~ Pia’s Preschool Graduation and 9 PM family dinner (ooops!) ~ Field Day ~ play date at the beach ~ last day of school and celebratory mass complete with promotion to the second grade!!! ~ two pool days in the 100+ degree heat of the desert ~Father’s Day baseball game at the beach ~ four full days of baseball camp ~ a birthday party

Yeah, maybe he is tired and not just turning into a cranky teenager after all : )

Admittedly, Pia’s been getting lots of "press" lately because it’s her birthday month and I truly cannot believe that it’s been 5 years since she literally came screaming into our lives, but don't worry about Max. He is nowhere near lost in the shuffle. We’re with him in the bleachers, on the court and on our knees every night trying to finish a prayer before he can’t keep his eyes open anymore. He is 100% an athlete (just ask him) and 100% my little man until he won’t let me be.

I love you, Punkie. Enjoy your day off tomorrow.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails