Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Fifteen years and counting . . .

Thursday, June 23, 1994 - I finished my summer school geometry class and drove to Orlando to work for Disney. The rest of my life started that day.


I'd never met anyone who knew how to surf. He had a gorgeous tan with a giant smile. He was a good listener, a great dancer, and wildly funny. We spent the entire night talking on the roof of The Peabody Hotel. I cried uncontrollably when I drove away the next day. He promised to call me when he got back to California. He did.
We didn’t have cell phones or steady jobs – our phone bills were more like car payments. We talked for hours on the phone and went to the post office often to mail cards and photos to each other. I thought about him all day every day. I was head over heels. That was 15 years ago.
We have the same name now, multiple email accounts, cell phones, blogs, and monogrammed stationary with the return address of the home we own together. I somehow still can’t find enough words to tell him how he lights me up. I am more in love now than ever before and am grateful to have learned not to take one moment for granted.
Happy Anniversary, E. Fifteen years went too fast. The next fifteen couldn’t possibly be better, but I am looking forward to whatever the future holds for us.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails