Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Ten Things: August 2012

August was a month absolutely crammed full of things to smile about.  Birthdays, vacation and living the good life top the list.  As much as I don't want it to be over I know that we're lucky to have seen it and be able to spend September talking about.

Ten Things to Smile About: August 2012

An amazing family vacation in Yosemite National Park. It was, in fact, our fourth annual and it was the best yet. Horseback riding, hikes, miles and miles of biking. We loved it and I can honestly say that I enjoyed camping. No really. I liked it. A lot.




Cousins enjoying simple fun while we were on vacation.  I absolutely love that my best friend (who happens to be E's cousin) and I have kids the same age.  It is such a joy to watch them grow up together.  These crazies are truly a gift.




My Princess.  She informed me that she was moving to her summer home (aka a tent in the family room).  She moved her favorite books, her dolls and her art supplies into her tent summer home and slept there for a week.  I just love that girl.







Receiving the sweetest, most heartfelt birthday cards from both of my parents and one of my girlfriends.  I feel so very blessed to be so loved and am always especially grateful for a well timed card or words that speak right to my heart. 

Celebrating our goddaughter's 3rd birthday.  I don't love Chuck E Cheese but I do love this girl.  Happy Birthday, B!!!!



Cancelling a couple of trips and spending some much needed time at home.  A missing shoe was found, school supplies were purchased and organized BEFORE school and we went to the beach for the very first time this summer.  Aaaahhhhh . . . almost like we're normal.  Almost ; )

Using said down time to finally download all of our photos from Italy.  All 816 of them. 



Celebrating another birthday with my E

Great starts to second grade and fifth grade for my babies.  If I weren't there myself I wouldn't even believe it's true.



Pinterest projects ({slightly modified} for our teachers on the first day of school





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails