Friday, August 31, 2012

Back to School Interview ~ The Athlete

He wouldn't let me walk him to his class line.  I was allowed to park and walk as far as his sister's second grade line but I could NOT go past that.  He blew me a kiss and threw a peace sign over his shoulder as a farewell on the first morning of school.  He had been complaining about it being the first day of school but he was thrilled to see his buddies and get back into the swing of things.  And don't tell him I told you, but he has a GIANT bit of a crush on his teacher.  I'm sure that little tidbit also helped with the spring in his step on Monday morning.

It's his last year of elementary school and he is trying out for the school football team next week. He's still my guy, but I think this might be the start of Version 2.0.

MEM ~ 8/27/12

Name & Age: The Athlete, age 10
Grade Level: 5th grade
School: St Edward the Confessor
Teacher's Name: Mrs. Iseley
Best friend: Grant
Favorite color: red
When I grow up I want to be: rocket scientist for NASA
Favorite snack: pretzel thins
Favorite cereal: Cheerios
Favorite book: Kingdom Keepers series
Favorite holiday: Christmas
Favorite food: bean & cheese burrito
Least favorite food: black pepper
Favorite game: Battleship
Favorite summer memory: visiting the Ronald Reagan Library
3 words that describe me: smart, short & athletic

You are the coolest kid around, my love.  It is so fun to watch you being you.  Have a great year!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails