Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Do Over

Remember when you were playing as a kid and you tripped over your own shoe and caused your team to lose? Your friends were bummed, you were bummed and you spent the rest of the day thinking about how you wanted to do that differently? You needed a do over. That’s me today. I need a do over. I tripped over my own stiletto this morning and ruined everything.

In my typical haste to make breakfast, make lunches and dole out vitamins I was careless and rude. I didn’t take the time to ask my husband how I could help him prepare for his trip. I didn’t offer to make him any breakfast. I didn’t look right into his eyes and tell him how much I love him. I didn’t even know that I didn’t have to be in such a hurry because he had already filled my car with gas to save me the hassle. Do over, please!

He’s leaving on an airplane for the rest of the week and I ruined it. There is no do over. I am smarter than that and I deserve to feel as rotten as I do right now, but man it stinks. I will pray for his safe return and the chance for forgiveness so I can do it better next time.

Keep your words soft and tender because tomorrow you may have to eat them.

1 comment:

Perfectly Phillips said...

Don't beat yourself up too bad...we all have days like you've had! Just make sure you tell him how much you love him now...it's never too late:)

Cheer up, you'll get a Do Over!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails