Friday, November 1, 2013

Timing is everything

It’s a curious situation that presents itself to me when I know that I am moving too fast to allow my most important thoughts to transform my actions but I am helpless to it. 

I KNOW I AM MOVING TOO FAST.

In the rare spells of calm, my heart tells me that I should listen a little more closely and embrace the things that are filling me to overflowing.  I sit with that for a few minutes, maybe ten, and then I take a phone call, stop the car, load the dishwasher – whatever it is that pulls me away from the calm I’d had just moments before.  Yet it happens over and over. I am just on the brink of great peace and overwhelming gratitude and I suddenly fill that space with wishing for more. 

More time.  More space.  More success.

Then God steps in and takes me firmly by the hand and reminds me that I am headed in the absolute wrong direction.  Always and everywhere He intervenes with the reminders that I need the most and suddenly the timing makes such perfect sense.  It’s not as if November wasn’t going to happen anyway, but it’s just the most perfect opportunity for me to really sit with what I know to be true and right.

My heart should be constantly gushing with gratitude.  The gratitude for the big ticket items that millions of people don’t know – good health, nourishment, unconditional love, happy hearts and loud children.  And gratitude for the little things that should never be considered little things – running water, toothbrushes and clean socks.

This month I will again count my blessings in Thirty Days of Thankful.  I will find something every single day that I am thankful for and there will certainly be a day or two that I am human and won’t feel like I have anything to be thankful for.  Those are the very days that I most need to fall to my knees and give thanks.  Those are the days that give me the power to transform my world.

It’s not a coincidence that it’s November.  I am just so thankful to be in the right place at the right time.

Psalm 103:2 ~ Let all that I am praise the LORD; may I never forget the good things he does for me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails