Thursday, April 30, 2009

Can you say Pandemic?

The word itself is scary, but I am learning to live with it. Sophia is fresh from the Dr's office and the good news is that she is not a statistic of swine flu. The bad news is she is a 4 1/2 year old that weighs 32 lbs and is fighting a really nasty virus. The hidden blessing in my week is that I work for a company that takes illness quite seriously and because of the swine flu scare I am not permitted to return to any US Prudential location this week. Oh well . . . For now, pandemic is our friend. Ed was in charge of the fevered patient earlier in the week while I was on-site for a meeting and I'm taking it from here.

I am doing my very best to work as hard as I need to right now while tending to the Princess. Work is hectic and my patience is thin. Thank goodness for the talking laptop that came to us for Christmas. My sidekick can work now, too.

We've got some Super Hero popsicles and the Disney Channel. I feel like we're going to be OK. Please pray that she doesn't find the energy to dig in her room for her High School Musical microphone :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails