Thursday, October 11, 2012

A good life

This week has been brutal.

I am in Las Vegas for a conference and I don't love Las Vegas. As a general rule, I get sick every time I spend more than two days in the desert. I am in the airport sucking on a cough drop and balancing tissue between my upper lip and my nostril. Pretty picture, no?

In the four days I've been here I have had 24 scheduled face to face meetings, as well as working until the wee hours on my regular workload back in the office. I have met some amazing people and had a lot of high-level, thought provoking conversations. That part is good. But, getting this involved in business always makes me a little melancholy because I feel like I'm choosing business over my family and I NEVER want that to be the case. I'm in perpetual scramble mode lately and I don't like it. This week gives me hope for better days ahead, but if I let things get the best of me (and I do) I just get sad. And then I remember . . .

My life is overflowing with beautiful and wonderful things. So much goodness. My happy thoughts for the week in no particular order.

The Princess has decided she prefers to be called "Bob" over her given name. That cracks me up, I read an email from her soccer coach this week and he referred to E as "Bob's Dad". Funny.




That quote reminds me of my Nanny. The love she gave me when she was here sees me through lots of sad days. It's comforting to still feel like I'm protected by her love.

Since I moved to California I've had a pile of bosses in the event industry. I saw three of them at this week's conference and they all hugged me tightly and asked authentically about my life. That feels really good. I've been blessed to work for some truly talented and extraordinary people.

Last weekend's concert date with E. He's so much fun to go out with.







A fun weekend ahead with E's family for a wedding. I love to get dressed up for any reason and I LOVE weddings.

Blueberry mojitos, Tory Burch wedges and Alex and Ani bracelets.

A fun project that I found on Pinterest (of course) and am super excited about the final product.

Being able to jump on a plane and be in my sweet children's bedrooms in less than two hours. I can't wait to see these faces. They carry me through every moment that is less than I want it to be.




A good life, indeed





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails