Sunday, May 8, 2011

For Mama

There is no shortage of beautiful women in my life who are mothers. I have been abundantly blessed over and over again.

My Mother's Mother was, and always will be, my favorite person on Earth.

My Father's Mother left me a legacy of beauty and strength that I draw on in the most unexpected moments.

There is not one person in the whole world who loves me more than my own Mama. I say that with absolute certainty and know that I am blessed.

Once upon a time I had a stepmother who was a caregiver to a really, really rotten teenage girl that wasn't her own. She was unnecessarily kind to me and I'll always love her for it.

The Lord has also blessed me with an amazing Mother in Law, a second stepmother who is too precious to even use the word stepmother to describe and an inherited pile of warm, witty and wise Aunts that I absolutely adore. They are all mothers to me in the times that I need them and I am so grateful to have so much love from them not only for me, but for my family.

And my dear, dear girlfriends who I am fumbling and tripping over motherhood with. They make the days that seem impossible almost manageable. They are beautiful, and smart, and tired. And so real. They remind me that unmade beds and forgotten permission slips don't make me a bad mother and on the days that I really do fail as a mother they tell me they love me anyway.

I am in love with being a Mama and I am so humbled that God is letting me do it. I couldn't make it without the other mothers in my life that make me me.

Happy Mother's Day!!!!

A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts. ~Washington Irving



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Dabalack Family said...

Happy Mother's Day to you!! You are an amazing mother and love sharing this adventure of motherhood with you!! I love ya!!

Emmy said...

I hope you had a truly had a wonderful mother's day

Macey said...

I think you had a wonderful mother's day...and you deserve it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails