Thank you, Rose. You crack me up and getting this award from someone as honest and humble as you is a special treat. Honest Scrap's rules are that you pass it on to 6 friends and tell ten truths about yourself. Aren't you lucky to hear all my dirty details :)
Ten Truths About Me
(1) I am homesick most of the time. I miss my family and my hometown more than I am ever willing to admit.
(2) When I win the lottery, my first big splurge will be on a full time hairdresser. Having good hair days forever would be my idea of perfect. I'd keep most everything else the same, but I'd be more than happy to take leave without pay while I travel!!
(3) Maui is my favorite place in the world.
(4) Being happily married is the thing I am most proud of. Growing up I didn't have good role models for relationships and assumed that being part of a couple would always be a struggle. To be married to someone that I love so much and enjoy spending time with is the most unexpected treasure of my life.
(5) Raising thoughtful, gracious children matters more to me than anything in the world.
(6) My dream job would be as a gift concierge. I love choosing the perfect gift and would adore being able to spend money that wasn't mine to make someone so happy.
(7) I talk to my Mom on the phone every day and we both know automatically if there's something wrong with the other one based on the opening of that conversation. One of us usually brings up something the other one is thinking.
(8) I'd rather get up at 4 AM to finish something than to stay up until midnight.
(9) I don't like to gamble. I think it's a waste of time and would rather lose money shopping.
(10) My life is a million times better than I ever imagined it would be. I am thankful for every single thing I have and don't take any of it for granted.
From Sweet Emmy came this little jewel. Not only do I think it looks super cute, but I appreciate so much that someone I look up to as much as Emmy would think of me. Thank you! This is required to be passed along, also and comes with a single word Q&A. Single words are hard for me, but here we go.
1. Where is your cell phone? Car
2. Your hair? Brown
3. Your mother? Sweet as Pie
4. Your father? Brilliant
5. Your favorite food? Hot
6. Your dream last night? Painful
7. Your favorite drink? Coffee
8. Your dream/goal? Happy Kids
9. What room are you in? Kitchen
10. Your hobby? Blogging
11. Your fear? Loss
12. Where do you want to be in six years? Right here
13. Where were you last night? Home
14. Something you aren’t? Boring
15. Muffins? Nah
16. Wish list item? Tropical Vacation
17. Where did you grow up? Tallahassee
18. Last thing you did? Dinner
19. What are you wearing? Slippers
20. TV? Nope
21. Your pets? Two
22. Your friends? Life long
23. Your life? Amazing
24. Your mood? Tired
25. Missing someone? So much
26. Vehicle? Highlander
27. Something you’re not wearing? Makeup
28. Your favorite store? Costco
30. When was the last time you laughed? Ten minutes ago
31. When was the last time you cried? Last week
32. Your best friend? Carrie
33. One place that you go over and over? School drop off
Thanks again, ladies. I am proud to be your friends. And to do the awards justice I am giving them both to my six favorite flavors right now. I know you'll develop a taste for them, too.
JennyMac from Let's Have a Cocktail - I am madly in love with this girl. Not creepy stalker like, but read her every day and love it a lot. She is witty, well~spoken and has some of the most outrageous subject matter ever. If you haven't been there. Go. You won't be disappointed.
Mimi from Living in France ~ I heart Mimi for a million different reasons. Most recently, she told Dora to suck it. Are you kidding? In her defense she was hopped up on prescription medication, but I just love, love, love that she said it. And when she's not all strung out we share taste in books and loving our kids. She's one of my favorite reasons to blog.
Tyne from The White House ~ Oh, sweet Tyne. If this were a yearbook, I would vote Tyne most likely to be invited over for dinner and conversation. She is humble and honest and writes so beautifully about things that the rest of us just gloss over. I am inspired by her faith and her constant willingness to share it in print.
The Whispering Writer from Airing my Dirty Laundry ~ Wife of Tom, Mom to Tommy and Natalie she is seriously hilarious. I think I mostly dig her is because of her obsession with shopping for her 2 year old daughter and her unbelievable ability to make a family dinner funnier than any sitcom. A new post from her is a true treat and I am just smitten with her darling little girl. She posts photos all the time and I know you'll agree.
Tori from I'm Not in Kalamazoo Anymore ~She's barely blogging this month and I still seek her out. She may be a role model for me (ooooh, sorry Tori!) because she's reached a point with her kids that I haven't gotten to yet and she does it with a great sense of humor. She's always got good photos and never forgets her cute puppy, Ace. Go visit her. And say hi to Ace for me!
Jen at Buried with Children ~ Jen and her hubby have triplets and one older son. Bless. her. heart. I'm not sure if I need to say anything else. You can't even imagine what fodder that provides. But she's also super charming and loves those babies like crazy. I can't say anything bad about someone who loves their kids so much and is still sane. Jen's good people.
Have a great week!