Friday, May 8, 2009

Flashback Friday - HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY


Oh man - this one is a little hard for me, but if I take a deep breath it makes me smile. This is the second year that my Nanny hasn't been here for Mother's Day and I am shocked sometimes when I let myself realize how much I miss her.

This was Mother's Day 1992 and taken in my Mom's front yard before church. As a mother now, I more fully appreciate the bond that mothers share with their children and grandchildren. I am not sure in my lifetime if I will ever have a bond with another human being that I had with my Nanny. We were tight, but you'd have to be a robot not to be tight with my Nanny. She's the real deal.


I won't be in my Mom's front yard for Mother's Day this year, but in my heart I am always there a little. Happy Mother's Day to my Mama, my amazing Mother in Law, the special gift that is my Stepmom and to all my super special girlfriends that are Moms. I feel so, so blessed to be a Mom and to share this amazing journey with all of you. Much Love ~ K

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails