Saturday, January 26, 2013

Chasing Chances

Without intentionally planning to I spend a lot of time looking at this face. 

I love this face so, so much.  The face is so precious and only second to her sense of humor, her generous heart and her spunk.  Spending time with her is no problem for me.

But there's also this face that I deeply adore.
 
This face brightened my world first, but I don't get to see it nearly as much as I'd like to.  I see the uniform flashing down the court or the backpack exiting the car, but not the face that is turning 11 in less than a month.  And I miss it.  I miss his eyelashes and the soft curve of his chin.  I miss his megawatt smile and the light spot above his eyebrow.  I am chasing chances to be with him and see him.  Really see him.
 
My latest infatuation is Instagram (@kfmontoya) and I am committing myself to a photo a day of him (#365daysofmymax). Business travel doesn't help with the photo a day campaign, but his sister takes photos of him and sends them to me from her iPod or I get sweet self portraits before school. Those warm my heart the most maybe.
 
 
The intentional act of being sure I get a photo of him helps me be sure I am SEEING him. Not watching him or hearing him, but seeing him. Seeing it all while I still have the chance.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails