Tuesday, March 23, 2010

6 out of 23 is not a great ratio

On the 22nd day of the month I have slept in my own bed for six nights.  I am absolutely running on empty and trying to give my kids the love and reassurance they need right now.  E is gone on his third trip in as many weeks and it's just been a rough month.  I need to get my house in order, get some sleep and feel like myself again before I can be the brilliant writer that I usually am.  Forgive me, please.

When I'm feeling like this I force myself to find something to be truly thankful for and smile about. I know there are a million, but sometimes they just seem to be buried under dishes and laundry!!

This photo was taken yesterday in Phoenix at a Padres Spring Training Game.  My kids were sweaty and smelled like sunflower seeds.  E was happy to be watching baseball and spending time with his family.  He is the greatest Dad EVER and lights me up when I see him with our babies.  My heart smiles and my spirit soars when I see them all so happy and REAL.



I hope your heart is smiling tonight, too. - xoxo, Mrs. Montoya

10 comments:

Andrea said...

Hope you get some rest! Remember it's dangerous to do laundry when you are sleepy!

Anonymous said...

you have to sleep...

Macey said...

That's a great picture! You have a beautiful family, friend.

sitting on the mood swing at the playground said...

Get some sleep then worry about the house. Great photo!

Desert Rose said...

Phoenix?! In my neck of the woods! Wishing you some rest.

SurferWife said...

So, how did the Padres look? Worse are far worse?

Ugh. Dang Padres.

On an upnote, your fam is adorable!!

obladi oblada said...

Aw what a cool picture. I love baseball season!!

shortmama said...

Hope you get some rest soon girl!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

No need for forgiveness! Family comes first-
Great picture! So sweet...and hoping you get some sleep, and peace!

Emmy said...

Wow! That isn't nearly enough nights in your own bed. I hope things are able to settle down for you soon.

And that picture is so precious

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails