Thursday, January 29, 2009

Please Pray


February 12, 2009 - Clay Campbell lost his battle with cancer today. Please pray for his very young widow, Cozy, and their precious children. I can't imagine how hurt they must be right now and pray that they are letting their family and friends comfort them when they need it the most.
-------------------------------------------------------
I take a positive lesson for myself from every story that touches my heart - in whatever way that is. Sometimes I am angry about an injustice I see or devastated by someone else's loss (I am a FEELER not a Thinker!) Tonight I am humbled by someone else's path and their grace on their walk. The story of the Campbell Family is a heartbreaking reminder not to take any day with a loved one for granted.

Cozy Montgomery is one of the prettiest girls I have ever met. She is a year or so younger than me and was a high school cheerleader and a Golden Girl for Florida State in the mid 90s. She was always the girl you looked at and thought "really, does one person deserve all that?" The beauty of it was that she was incredibly sweet and unassuming. In her first or second year of college our then boyfriends were roommates. She and I both moved on to better things shortly afterwards. Thank goodness!

I am 99% sure that our paths have not crossed again since then, but she's someone I will never forget. I was lead to her story recently through mutual friends and I am incredibly humbled by what I've learned. Her husband, Clay, has terminal cancer and just today returned home with hospice care for his remaining days. Clay & Cozy are the parents of a 6 year old, a 4 year old and a 1 year old. Cozy Montgomery Campbell is still extraordinarily beautiful and will be a widow and mother of 3 before she is 35. The link for their family's Caring Bridge site is below. Please read their story and pray for their peace and comfort in the coming days.

God Bless you and your family. Love, Kim

www.caringbridge.org/visit/claycampbell

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails