Sunday, January 25, 2009

Gym Rats

If you've been looking for us and we are M.I.A. try the gym. Any gym . . .

Ed is coaching Max's Rookie League basketball team and we have practice on Tuesdays and games on Saturdays. Max's little team STINKS. They are just terrible. In their defense, this is the first year that more than half of them has ever played basketball. Sadly, it shows! Poor Ed gets so frustrated with these little monkeys and leaves every game hoarse, mumbling to himself and sweating. I am not far behind him since I seem to mimic his every motion from the stands. But I've said it here before, and I will say it again, there is something to be said for loyal friends and a supportive family. This weekend's game brought Max's fan club out in full force.

Grandma & Grandpa

Aunt Stacy (with Baby on Board!!!!) and Uncle Eric

Aunt Linda and Uncle Michael

Ryan and Kyle

Kristin and Nick

& Gregfather with sweet Nolan

Ed couldn't be at this week's game because his Junior High team was playing in a tournament, but I don't think Max suffered and the kids could be coached by John Wooden himself and still not make a shot. Coaching is not their problem!

Then half the crew headed from Dana Point to Santa Margarita to see St. Edward's 5/6 team play in their second tournament game at St. John's Episcopal. That game didn't end well either, but the fans were there in force and we enjoyed a post-game lunch. I speak for everyone when I say it has become our favorite part of the weekends lately. If Saturday's game is early, it's breakfast. If it's later, we'll have lunch. No matter what ~ we're all there and liking it a lot!


Ed's Jr High team practices a few days a week and plays games a fews day a week, depending on the week. Max is the official Ball Boy! That is one proud kid when he is on the bench with the 5th and 6th graders in his knee-length jersey. This weekend he got to do his job three times!!

Somewhere in the midst of our basketball weekend, we made it to Open House at St. Edward's. It was Max's opportunity to show off his classroom and his work and for Sophia to check out Kindergarten. It is a little devastating to me to think that our baby is going to begin Kindergarten in 6 months, but the passing of time is inevitable. She wasn't too sure to begin with, but warmed up when she saw the books, the computers and the playground! It's not as if she has a choice, but we were happy to see her excited and interested by the time we went to the GYM to find Max.

AND Ed and I are trying our hardest to hit the gym as often as possible in the New Year. It's not a resolution, it's a genuine need and desire. Although we were barely legal (one more than the other!!) when we met, we are a lot closer to 40 now. Gravity and slowing metabolisms make us a little crazy and we are trying to do something about it. I made the mistake of getting on an elliptical next to Ed early last week and had no idea that he sticks to it for an hour. Are you kidding me?!?!? I admire him for it, but halfway through I took my magazine to a bike and we caught up with each other a little later. Stay tuned. I hope I can tell you that we're still in the gym together a few months from now!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails