Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Thirty Days of Thankfulness ~ Day One

Somewhere at the beginning of November I missed the bandwagon on thirty days of thankfulness.  There might be a video and some details that go along with the concept, but I'm not sure.  The idea has stuck with me though and I see nothing wrong with being thankful for the last half of November right through Thanksgiving and into Advent.  It's perfect, really.  Thirty days could never be enough to truly give thanks for all that I have and love.  There is not one bedtime story, trip to the grocery store or call to my parents that I am not grateful for.  Not one.  I am far too aware of how quickly it can disappear and I constantly am aware of how good it is.  Thankfulness is in my heart.

Today I am thankful for my amazing 8 year old son. He was honored at school this week for being selected to the John Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth. He IS academically talented, as well as warm, generous and hilarious. He is a precious blessing to our family that I am thankful for every single day.

5 comments:

Macey said...

That is amazing! Congrats to you little boy!

Emmy said...

Truly someone to be proud of. And yes, it is your blog you can do whatever you want :)

He & Me + 3 said...

Wow that is awesome. He is so handsome and smart. What an honor. A proud mom moment for sure.

KID said...

Wow - congrats to your Athlete and YOU! What a wonderful young man, the next generation will surely need men like him. PS - how does he feel about slightly younger girls. Just a thought...

Kim said...

I bet your cup is running over! Congrats to your son!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails