Monday, November 29, 2010

Thirty Days of Thankfulness ~ Day Five

Day Five - November 21

Today I am thankful for Sunday service in the magical little church where we were married. Sitting in in the pew w/ E and our kids is an opportunity I can't possibly take for granted.



I have to add a footnote to this.  The church where we were married makes me endlessly happy.  It was built in 1845 and is made entirely from indigenous materials to the islands of Hawaii.  Shoes are not permitted on the koa wood alter and the building sits about 100 feet from the ocean. 
M.A.G.I.C.

The building and location are definitely magical, there's no question about it.  But a lot of the magic comes from their pastor, Reverend Kealahou Alika.  He is native to the Hawaiian islands and holds a very, very special place in my heart.  He is kind and warm and witty and was my favorite part of our wedding celebration (besides my husband!!!).  Ten years later and I still feel the same way.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails