Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Halloween, Birthdays, Anniversaries and More!

November is Celebration Month. We celebrate the birthdays of my Dad, his wife, Ed’s Mom, a couple of cousins, lots of good friends and their kids. It’s also Anniversary month for Ed & me, and several other couples that are near to us. Whew! It’s a good thing we have a whole two weeks before Thanksgiving ; )
We ended October and had a great time celebrating Halloween with two parades, a lunch party and trick or treating in San Clemente. My Dad and Lana were here for the weekend as part of their US Tour and the kids had a great time enjoying the great outdoors at their Grandparents’ RV. We cooked hot dogs over an open fire and LOVED the smores. We got lucky enough to treat Lana to dinner ON her birthday and celebrate the special part of our family that she is.

The same week saw a rowdy softball game in honor of my “That Friend” Amy’s birthday. I think we may be getting too old (or out of shape) to (try to) run that fast, throw that hard and drink beer simultaneously. Good times!!

Less than a week later we celebrated my super special Mother in Law’s birthday. A Girls Only Surprise Party was just what the Dr. ordered for the busy lady and boy was she surprised. We had a great time playing birthday bunco and even more fun toasting her.

Ed and I have decided we officially that we need a break before the hoopla of the holidays. I have cancelled all of our plans for the coming weekend and are looking forward to a little Thanksgiving getaway with the kids in San Diego. I have a couple of quick trips to Vegas in between, but I am hoping that my willingness to get on an airplane will directly correlate to collecting a paycheck. Business is NOT booming around here, ya know?

I am praying for the well-being and care of everyone who is being affected by the tough economic times. We have lots of friends and acquaintances that aren’t faring so well and I continually search for the lessons that are being shared so that I can glean something good from a bad situation. I continue to pray for our friends, The Praters, and their baby girl, Ema. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers, too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails