Sunday, February 3, 2008

Simple Pleasures







I've heard the phrase that simple pleasures are the best, and really always thought that was an indication for people who didn't like extravagant things or couldn't afford anything more than simple. As I get older and wiser, I realize that it's just about getting back to basics . . .

My family and I had a warm, friendly, great day together living simply. We went to 9 AM mass, to the bagel shop (Max and Pia's FAVORITE!!), their cousin Aaron's 4th birthday party at the bowling alley and then home. I made dinner, we watched the Super Bowl and wrestled with the dog. Not extravagant, not really even interesting; with the exception of Pia leaving the dinner table to have soap put in her mouth for sticking out her tongue, but that's a different

post! - but simple. And perfect. Simple days with family are what make me normal. They remind me that working too hard doesn't gain me anything and always reaching for the brass ring disallows me to see the beauty of the world at my level.

Simple is talking about Max's upcoming homework project, loading the dishwasher and enjoying the Sunday paper with Ed after everyone is in bed. There are days when simple is just the best that God can give us. May you and your loved ones enjoy simple moments of pleasure this week

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails