Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Thirty Days of Thankfulness

Today I am thankful that this is my blog and I can accelerate my list.  My patience has worn thin and I want to move on and talk about how great my kids are and what a blessing the holidays are in our home and our community.  In no particular order - here are the things I am most thankful for.  It will cover the rest of my thirty days and THEN SOME.  The one thing that I can claim over and over again is that I am thankful.  I do not take one minute, of one day of our precious, crazy life for granted.  Not one.

My family. The three that live with me, of course.  I am also deeply thankful for our extended family.  Both sets of parents, our aunts & uncles, cousins, one living Grandma . . . Especially at the holidays I am so grateful to be surrounded by people that I love deeply and that love me in return.

My friends. Near and far I have been deeply blessed with wonderful friends. I am a quality, not quantity girl and think my friends are absolutely top quality.

Our Church. The holidays are the most spectacular reminder to me that our church is the House of the Lord.  It represents so much happiness for me and my family and I am thankful that we have a church that we love.

Food, shelter and warmth.  My family does not know what it means to be hungry or cold.  I am truly, deeply grateful.

My marriage.  As another year comes to a close I am so appreciative and prideful of my marriage.  E and I are creating a foundation for our children and their children that we treasure so much.  Our union has not always been perfect, but for that reason we know how much work we have to put into it and the rewards are immeasurable.  I have not ever in my life been so happy and felt so deeply loved.  I am so thankful for a peaceful, true relationship.

Every time we remember to say "thank you", we experience nothing less than heaven on earth. -- Sarah Ban Breathnach




3 comments:

Dabalack Family said...

I love that you have found the time to express what you are thankful for, I am thankful to have you and your family in our lives. It has reminded me to slow down and strive to be better. Love ya!!

jules said...

Family and friends are always on my list too....

Emmy said...

That is the nice thing about it being your blog, you can break all the rules you want :). And you are truly giving your kids a wonderful foundation between your faith and your marriage.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails