Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sweet Memories

The current business climate makes work a lot less fun for me than it used to be. I know that I am not alone in this sentiment and often have to remember that I am fortunate to have a job and for all of our bills to be paid. It doesn't mean, though, that I don't need to give myself a little pick me up every now and then. My mom shares my malaise sometimes and a good photo of
the kids always works to give us both a little lift.

My online album from Christmas of 2005 made both of us smile today. Pia was 18 months old and got her first baby doll. Look at that angelic little face.

The photo of Max is less adorable, but equally charming. The best part about this one is the story that my Mom reminded me of when I brought the memory of that holiday back to her. Max was just about to turn 3 and she gave him a tent that fit on his bed and was shaped like a space shuttle. Here's her note back to me when I sent her a picture today.


I remember when Max and I had the flashlight and I was in his tent bed with him.

"What do you see out there in space Captain???"

"We aren't in space Nana, we are still in my bedroom."


If you feel like you've got no reason to smile this week, first of all, I sympathize. But maybe, just maybe, you have a photo somewhere that will bring back a great memory.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails