Thursday, April 19, 2012

Time to make the doughnuts

Remember that Dunkin Donuts commercial 20 or 30 years ago when the little man would leave in the dark and go to his shop and he'd get home in the dark and then go do it all over again?  I really liked that commercial.  At that point in my life I am sure the true meaning was lost on me.  A lot can change in 20 years and I TOTALLY get it now.

Earlier this week I was in my office until 3 AM and I am in the office by 6 AM a few days a week right now.   In between office hours I am desperately trying to keep up with laundry and bedtime prayers.  I fully understand and empathize with the bleary eyed little guy mumbling "time to make the doughnuts".

My schedule won't be like this forever and I have a really terrific new team that is talented, committed and kind.  Our business' most high profile, high pressure events are happening now and there's no time to dwell.  We leave for a seven day trip today and have one more just like it seven days from now.  That's an awful lot of doughnuts, but I know I'll make it through.

When I am home, I am the proud owner of the loveliest family around.  My husband deserves some sort of never heard of trophy for the amount of responsibility he's taken on for our gang.  He has more than compensated for my absence and hasn't complained once.  I am beyond grateful for his support and love for us.

And these kids.  These kids make all the doughnuts in the world worth it.  I am so blessed they're mine.


Now, it's time to make the doughnuts.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails