Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I MADE A CAKE!!





I am NOT a baker, and I am really not even a very good cook. I do, however, love my oldest child very much and had to deliver when he asked for a camouflage cake. I did a little searching for a bakery that would do a camouflage cake, but my son doesn't care much for sweets and I don't care much for $100 cakes for children. Sooooo, I tried to talk him into what Albertson's was offering - Spongebob, Spiderman, Scooby Doo, Batman, trucks, baseball, Pirates, soccer, hockey, motorcycles . . . Max is a flexible guy but he was not budging on this. He'd already given in on the invitations because I couldn't figure out how to hand make camouflage sleeves for the Scooter's Jungle flyer/medical release/map and he was not giving up on his cake.
So I set out to figure out how to make a camouflage cake for my #1. If you don't already know, I love google!! I googled camouflage cake and up came this amazing website. http://www.coolest-birthday-cakes.com/. There are some seriously amazing cakes on there and I got instructions on exactly how to make my baby's cake. And it worked! It DID take me all day, but I actually enjoyed it and Max was beside himself. He loved it! We took it to the party, we showed it off and it tasted good. I am sure the pound of chocolate pudding filling with crushed up Oreos didn't hurt!! was thrilled to make my son happy, look at that happy birthday face. That's worth every minute in the kitchen! HAPPY 6th Birthday, Max!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails